There is this popular saying that the biggest room in the world is the room for improvement.
As long as you are still on this earth, there is something you can add, adjust, adapt, improve, make better about your life.
Sometimes these things are so little but their effects can be very great. For some of this changes you might see the results immediately, and for some of the changes, the result can be noticed overtime.
These changes listed here can improve your career, relationships, health, mental state, and make life worth living.
1) Drink more water
2) Walk at least 6000 steps a day
3) Read a chapter of a book everyday or read a book as often as you can.
4) Journal daily
5) Have a daily, weekly or monthly to-do list
6) Exercise at least 2-3 times in a week
7) Cut out sugar from your diet
8) Write at least a few words everyday, if you are writing a book. You can always edit words written down, you cannot edit a blank page
9) Stop confessing negative
10) Add daily affirmations to your morning routine
11) Call a loved one every week
12) Take yourself out to eat at least once every month in someplace you always wanted to go
13) Plan and go on a trip at least once every year
14) Close tabs on your laptop when you are not using them
15) Wait at least 10 seconds before you respond during conversations, gives you time to think up your words before they come out
16) Learn to say No in a nice way when you are overwhelmed
17) Find something nice to say about your partner everyday. This will shifts your focus and help you highlight the good in them. You would not be with them if you did not see anything good in them in the first place.
18) Determine to always having a good night sleep
19) Stay off social media once in a while or for an hour a day
20) Actively pay attention to what you think about during the day
21) Be more conscious of/intentional about the things you watch and listen to
22) Make a grocery list before you go shopping
23) Have a weekly, monthly and yearly financial budget and try to stick to it as much as possible.
24) Accept wrongdoing, apologize and move on.
25) Forgive quickly even when the person who has offended you is not sorry
26) Go through your subscriptions and cut out any unnecessary expenses
27) Start a skincare routine
28) Start a gratitude jar and write out things your are thankful for everyday
29) Make your bed every morning when you get out of bed
30) Open blinds in your living space, allow sunlight in. It brightens your mood
31) Have a mentor
32) Write a list of all your bad habits and work towards replacing them with a good one.
33) Add fruits, vegetables, all that good stuff to your diet
34) Learn to celebrate even small wins
35) Focus on one task at a time. Multitasking can decrease productivity
36) Have a personal devotion with God everyday
36) Listen to good music
37) Listen to podcasts from inspiring people
38) Try to have a consistent laundry schedule and avoid pilling up clothes. Same principle applies to dishes
39) Redecorate and rearrange your living place annually
40) Declutter and throw out/donate old stuff
41) Add plants to your home
42) Go for manicure and pedicure, treat yourself to a nice massage and spa experience.
43) Start a little investment
44) Have a morning and bedtime routine for yourself and also set one for your family
45) Take a personality test to better understand yourself
46) Go for counselling/Therapy
47) Consult with a life coach when you feel stuck and need a change
48) Set goals and revisit your goals from time to time. make changes along the way. Remember change is inevitable and goals can always be adjusted
49) Use an organization tool to keep track of all the events you need to attend, birthdays…etc., so you don’t miss them or can cancel early when you cannot attend
50) Don’t compare your life. Work hard and stay on your path.
51) Interpret the actions of others in the best positive way
52) Improve on your listening skills
Don’t get too comfortable with who you are at any given time, you may miss the opportunity to become who you want to be. – Jon Bon Jovi